Hey gang! Welcome back to another episode of the Ketodontist Podcast. Here in episode 2 we interviewed Luis Villasenor of Ketogains.
You can listen to the episode here: http://ketodontist.libsyn.com/ketodontist-podcast-episode-02-guest-luis-villasenor-of-ketogains-part-1
You can watch the video of this episode here:
Luis has always been passionate about fitness due to a personal interest in improving his own physique. Always curious in learning the “whys and how’s” of how it all works, he has been studying and researching nutrition and strength training since he was 17.
Upon discovering ketogenic diets in 2001, Luis has been on a low carb regime ever since, which he has used to favorably recomposition his body and improve his health,
Due to this, Luis decided to develop KETOGAINS as to share his experiences and knowledge and help people attain their health and fitness goals.
Luis is regarded as one of the most experienced and knowledgeable persons on Low-Carb / Ketogenic dieting, and is the “go to guy” when applying a Low-Carb diet for Bodybuilding and Strength Training by well-known and respected insiders, leaders, influencers of the low carb/paleo and general fitness community
- Elite Trainer – International Sports Sciences Association (ISSA)
- Specialist in Fitness Nutrition (SFN) – International Sports Sciences Association (ISSA)
- Certified Fitness Trainer (CFT) – International Sports Sciences Association (ISSA)
- Fitness / Exercise Therapist (SET) – International Sports Sciences Association (ISSA)
- Currently studying for Corrective Exercise Specialist (SCE) – International Sports Sciences Association (ISSA)
- Bayesian Bodybuilding Personal Training Certification
- Currently studying for the Primal Health Coach Certification
- CrossFit Level 1 Trainer (CF-L1 Trainer) – CrossFit
- Evolution Nutraceutical Company – Sponsored Athlete
- Bachelor in Business Administration & Marketing – Universidad Iberoamericana (MX)
In Part 1 of 2 we cover:
- How Luis got started in health and nutrition
- Why he gravitated toward ketogenic diets and why he has stayed in ketosis for over 15 years
- Why resistance training is the most optimal form of exercise to transform your body
- Why you can lose weight eating tons of calories on keto…. To a point
- Why if you carb load you might not be able to get your skinny jeans on the next day
- How to calculate the amount of protein you need to be consuming
- Why if you already have many pounds of excess fat, you may want to skip the buttered coffeee
- And more!
Hulk Gainz Smoothie:
157 Calories • 6g Carbs (4g Fiber) • 3g Fat • 27g Protein
Ketogains Hulk Smash Smoothie Ingredients for 1 smoothie:
1 smoothie • 157 Cal
200 ml Pure Almond milk
30 grams Isopure Creamy Vanilla
2-3 Ice cubes
60 grams Spinach
25 grams Cucumber
2.7 grams Ginger
1 gram Tumeric
1 serving Natural Stevia Sweetener
KETOGAINS “HULK SMASH” SMOOTHIE
This blended beverage will help you balance your meals with a combination of nutrient-rich spinach combined with a boost of protein and the spicy kick of fresh ginger. HULK GAINZ!!!
Directions are for 1 smoothie
1. Blend protein with milk, water and ice.
2. With blender on low, add cucumber, spinach tumeric, and ginger.
3. Increase speed to high and blend for 30 seconds or until smooth.
4. Become HULK as the green smoothie surges trough your veins and gives you GAINZ.
Ketogains Main Website: www.ketogains.com
Ketogains Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ketogains/