Welcome to episode 5 of the Ketodontist Podcast. Today we have part 1 of our interview with Amy Berger, author of The Alzheimer’s Antidote.
THIS IS SUCH AN IMPORTANT EPISODE FOLKS! You do NOT want to miss it!!!!
Alzheimer’s is currently the 6th leading cause of death in the United States
In 2017, Alzheimer’s and other dementias will cost the nation $259 billion. By 2050 those costs could rise as high as $1.1 TRILLION
More than 5 million Americans are living with this disease, that number could rise as high as 16 million by 2050!
How growing up a bit overweight sparked Amy down a path of nutrition education.
Why insulin resistance may be the root cause of the ALZ, as well as a myriad of other diseases.
Why ALZ is commonly referred to as “Type 3 Diabetes” or “Diabetes of the Brain”
Why medication’s haven’t yielded much results in treating ALZ.
Are there better tests for screening for risks or diagnosing ALZ?
Facts in the show notes from alz.com/facts
Amy’s Excellent Blog: www.tuitnutrition.com
Her book The Alzheimer’s Antidote:https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XTXLP2N/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_dp_T2_W4sCzbP12WVJ2
Welcome to Episode 4 of the Ketodontist Podcast! Today we have two guests on the show: Craig Preisendorf and Tara Garrison from The Superhero Makers!
In this episode we have discuss:
- How keto has been around in classic bodybuilding for decades longer than most realize
- How Craig and Tara use ketogenic diets and biohacking to forge superheroes
- Why a well-formulated keto diet can great for many different sports
- Why athletes in high impact (concussive) sports could benefit from keto
- How strength training should be a focus on form over weight
- Why “glycolitic” sport athletes can still utilize ketogenic diets via supplementation
- How “biohacking” has evolved and how you need to be wary of the misinformation out there
- Why most noortropics are useless and are basically driven by caffeine.
- Why chronic endurance training may not result in a dramatic physical transformation
- Why nutrition should be priority #1 when getting your health in order
- Why women don’t need to fear weight training
You can listen directly at these links!
Google Play: https://play.google.com/music/listen?u=0#/ps/Itp6hga6aknibumb4gy7eveduqq
Podcast Homepage: http://ketodontist.libsyn.com
Sources mentioned in this episode:
Craig and Tara’s Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TheSuperheroMakers/
Craig’s New supplement Lucid 2.0; http://www.engagedper4mance.com/product/lucid/
The video Tara mentioned from Christian Thibaudeau: https://thibarmy.com/stimulants-pre-workout/